We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple of Questions to help plan...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
285 reviews
167 helpful votes
Couple of Questions to help plan...
Save

Ok we are a family of 5 my husband and I and our 3 kids (10, 7, 5). We are looking at visiting Niagara falls and have a few questions.

1. We were thinking of coming July 29 but I see that September is cheaper and it seems that a lot of things are still open. I have also read on previous posts that the weather is much nicer. Any thoughts?

2. Also is it worth it for a falls view room? We will come back to the room after dinner (probably around 6 or 7) and let the kids rest then. Our family is early risers (around 5 am). I would like a room with a view but wonder if an extra $100 a night is worth it (by July prices).

Any other advice is greatly appreciated!

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
67 reviews
221 helpful votes
1. Re: Couple of Questions to help plan...
Save

1. Well, no one can accurately predict the weather, so...To generalize? I'd say that you're more likely to get warmer, sunnier weather in July compared to September...But that's far from guaranteed.

2. It's worth it if you really want to see the falls from your room. They will be illuminated at night, so that's nice, but it's entirely up to you how much that's worth to you.

Hope that helps a bit.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
33,317 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: Couple of Questions to help plan...
Save

casey: I don't know if I'd say the weather is nicer in September, but it is still nice....usually pretty warm shorts weather until at least mid-Sept.........maybe a bit longer...... getting cooler at night ....July weather tends to be more humid, and rainy... weekends can get rained out in July...not so much in September..............but weather predicting is a tricky thing........heck, even the experts get it wrong !..........................

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
285 reviews
167 helpful votes
3. Re: Couple of Questions to help plan...
Save

Ok, so we have decided to keep our visit in July. Now we have decided to arrive Sunday at 8AM, spend all day touring, spend 1 night in a fallsview room and then spend the next full day touring as well and and then spending the night an hour or two away from Niagara Falls.

We are not into Clifton Hill. When we vacation we do things we can't do back home. So we will focus more on the hiking, maid of the mist, journey behind, things like that.

After reading other posts we have gathered that 2 full days is enough. Are we right in this or have we misunderstood?

4. Re: Couple of Questions to help plan...

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 19, 2013, 6:15 pm
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.