We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
65 posts
39 reviews
27 helpful votes
New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

Hi, We have 5 days after a Bar Harbor wedding and Acadia stay this July. Would it be better to focus that time in New Brunswick area, or should we spend a day or two there then push through to Prince Edward Island? We like to see a lot of things when we travel, but sometimes I over-extend.😬

We are interested in scenery and animals. Also, if we stay in NB, should we just stay in St Andrews and drive around, or move along to different towns.

Thanks for your thoughts!

8 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
27,128 posts
123 reviews
185 helpful votes
1. Re: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

It's not all that likely that the Atlantic provinces will be allowing Canadians from other parts of the country to visit this summer, much less anyone from another country. It's also very unlikely the Canadian border will be open for tourism by then for non-Canadians.

To read up on the current situation, here is the Government of Canada website on travel to Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
152 reviews
90 helpful votes
2. Re: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

There's virtually no chance of you being allowed to enter Canada in July.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
41 reviews
31 helpful votes
3. Re: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

At this point I will be ecstatic if I can have dinner with friends and family in my house.

Absolutely zero chance US-CA border will be open this summer.

Maritime provinces do not even allow fellow Canadians to visit.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
65 posts
39 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

Thanks. I do realize that the situation is fluid and that it is evaluated monthly, and I do have an alternative plan in case no "vaccination passport" emerges between our two countries by July. Wishing you all a safe and healthy end to this pandemic.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
322 reviews
199 helpful votes
5. Re: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

There are lots of things to see in Maine.

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,534 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

Right, Maine is massive and mostly all pretty scenic.

After 5 days in Acadia you will be hard pressed to improve upon coastal scenery not matter where you go. So if you are looking for something different (mountains) to mix it up you're probably better off staying in the US anyway. Baxter State Park, the White Mountains (mostly in NH but over the border in Maine is really nice too).

And if you'd like to throw a city into the mix, Portland Maine is really nice and has fantastic restaurants.

Edited: April 05, 2021, 9:19 pm
Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
322 reviews
199 helpful votes
7. Re: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

Agreed, but if they have been doing wedding things they may have not had much time to explore.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
65 posts
39 reviews
27 helpful votes
8. Re: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Save

Thanks for all of your suggestions!!

Edited: April 06, 2021, 4:14 am
Reply to: New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Brunswick
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.