We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omnibus de México or Turistar Lujo?

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
37 reviews
24 helpful votes
Omnibus de México or Turistar Lujo?

Greetings,

I'll be traveling in this part of Mexico over summer and have generally been in ADO bus regions. Does anyone have input as to whether or not one would have a preference for one over the other?

Also, I've avoided buying bus tickets online in the past as I won't have cell service there and they don't generally have kiosks to print tickets. Can you print the tickets online, either if I do so before leaving the US or if I'm at a hotel with a computer and printer?

Thanks!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,510 posts
10 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Omnibus de México or Turistar Lujo?

In this part of the world the best bus companies are ETN (www.etn.com.mx which includes Turistar Lujo) and Primera Plus (www.primeraplus.com.mx). ETN are slightly more expensive because they have 3 seats across rather than 4. Omnibus de Mexico (www.odm.com.mx) is considered a bit inferior beceause they tend to make more stops and buses not quite as good - but they are still fine. On particular routes there may be other first-class lines available (e.g. lines owned by Grupo Senda or Estrella Blanca).

I believe you still have to collect your tickets from the bus terminal even if you have booked online and it's also often reported that booking tickets online with a non-Mexican credit card is impossible.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
9,152 posts
129 reviews
163 helpful votes
2. Re: Omnibus de México or Turistar Lujo?

Personally I have never had a problem booking online with ETN, with either UK or US cards. For the past few years, you can print out your ticket when booking. Otherwise, take note of the "NIP" number and present it at check-in.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
3. Re: Omnibus de México or Turistar Lujo?

Turibus is a step nicer, has 2 bathrooms in the back, seats are a bit more comfy, but ODM is fine. My last trip with ODM was on a Plus bus and they had the TV/movie screen in front of every seat, that is great. The Turibus and ETN routes are less frequent than ODM, I don't think its worth a schedule shift. As Londinese says if you can't print out your tix just make a note of the NIP number, maybe make sure you have the CCd you used online with you, but I have never had any problems. You can also call and buy when you are in MX, or just buy the day before online. Busy times are Xmas and Easter.

On either line watch out for frigid AC temps.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
14 helpful votes
4. Re: Omnibus de México or Turistar Lujo?

Definetly ETN/Turistar. If you know ADO, ETN is like Platino; Primera Plus, like ADO GL, and ODM is like regular ADO. With the difference the first you give you a snack. There is absoloutly no problem booking online any of those three lines, and you get a 10% off.

Now, if you are using overnoght buses, avoid by all means ODM. The drivers are not properly trained in custome service, so they do not care about listening to loud music while you are trying to sleep. ETN/Tursitar is by far the best option.

5. Re: Omnibus de México or Turistar Lujo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: July 04, 2016, 11:18 am
Get answers to your questions about Zacatecas