We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel

3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel
Save

Hi I am travelling to Riviera Maya in 2 weeks (a family of 5) with Sunwing Vacation. I know airport transfer is included in this vacation package but I am thinking about taking private transfer as I don't want to be on the bus over 2 hours ?! I will be staying at Barcelo Maya resort. Would that be better to use the private transfer to save time? Is it worth it? Thanks!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
10,521 posts
80 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel
Save

It's up to you, but we like taking a private transfer. Do you know if it's a direct transfer or if you will be dropping off other guests?

Your hotel is already a pretty long ride from the airport and if they are dropping off other guests that adds even more time.

We like Canada Transfers/ They will meet you at the airport and take you directly to your resort.

3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel
Save

Hi Schmerl

Thank you for the reply!

I don't know how many people will be on the bus....First time to go to Riviera Maya.

Did you also use CT for return service to the airport? On time? Did you need to confirm they are coming?

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
14,946 posts
66 reviews
91 helpful votes
3. Re: Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel
Save

Canada is very reputable. I use AGI Tours, another reputable company that is always on time. The good thing about using a private transfer is that they are waiting for you when you come out of the airport and you are boarded onto their van in about 5 minutes rather than waiting around for other passengers. Transfers are private & direct so no stops along the way. They also pick you up at your resort later than a large shared transfer at a pre-arranged time..

Once you have located your rep outside the airport take a minute to tell Sunwing you won't be using them as a courtesy.

3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel
Save

Thank you for the reply!

I will use the private transfer from and to the airport!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
51,907 posts
45 reviews
35 helpful votes
5. Re: Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel
Save

And here is one more for your comparison - love this company! http://www.carmtransfers.com/

6. Re: Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: September 27, 2018, 4:14 pm
7. Re: Private transfer from Cancun airport to Riviera Maya hotel

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 02, 2019, 3:19 pm
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Carmen
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.