We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte

C M
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
69 reviews
110 helpful votes
Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte
Save

Can anyone tell me if there is still a restaurant tat the former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte? its Name? How is the food?

thanks.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte
Save

What used to be the Sunset Grill is now the Mayan Beach Club. I thought the food was great and so have other contributors to this forum. Someone asked the same question recently here and all the responses were positive.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
10 helpful votes
2. Re: Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte
Save

Just scroll down to where you asked the same question last week.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
89 reviews
188 helpful votes
3. Re: Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte
Save

Yes, people like the new club :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150810-i360-k9271228-Former_Sunset_Grill_Location_on_North_Beach_question-Isla_Mujeres_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
937 posts
143 reviews
264 helpful votes
4. Re: Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte
Save

@ Nautibeach now.. Frankly, we're not impressed with the Mayan Beach club. The food has been average and is quite expensive compared to other restaurants on the island.

The waiters serve the chairs on the Nautibeach side and the service has been pretty poor. They spend most of their time hanging out at the top of the restaurant or trying to coax people to pay 150 pesos for beach chairs.

I got fed up today and just went to the bar to get drinks and was met with attitude. I told the server that I didn't feel like waiting 20 minutes for drinks and then being ignored for a second round. He left me alone after that....

C M
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
69 reviews
110 helpful votes
5. Re: Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte
Save

Sorry, I didn't check back in and didn't get an email notification that there were new posts. Must have forgotten to click that button!

Appreciate all remarks and we are looking forward to 2 weeks at Nautibeach soon. We did enjoy Sunset Grill in 2012 and hoping The Mayan will be good too. Planning a sunset dinner on the beach there for our anniversary. Can't wait!

Thanks again.

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
6. Re: Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte
Save

I was at NB last week in feb. Didnt eat there as we had full kitchen in condo and went to town for dinner. But service at the pool was great for drinks. Last year only 2 waiters and had to get up and get my own drinks. This year there were 6 waiters

7. Re: Former Sunset Grill location on Playa Norte

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 06, 2017, 12:16 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.