We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 2

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
9,948 posts
20 reviews
64 helpful votes
Day 2
Save

Woke up at my regular 4 am time....which is 5 here so that seems more reasonable. Made a pot of coffee con crema but the cream was unsweetened. Oh well. Had some toast with butter but the mantquilla was sin sal which is no Bueno. 0 for 2 this morning. :). Went for a walk with my early rising daughter while. Daughter 2 and hubby slept. We walked north on the street and checked out the homes and rentals along the way. I looked in the windows of the place that looks like an abandoned fortress until the barking Belgian shepherd on the raised walkway around the compound let me know that the watchman was on duty. He

'S just lucky I didn't pee my pants or worse! I am typing on an unfamiliar tablet so forgive the mistakes.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
9,948 posts
20 reviews
64 helpful votes
1. Re: Day 2
Save

I also lost my whole first try here so I will post in chunks. Anyway....we eventually went to mango for breakfast which was just as delicious as last time. I had the poblano pepper,one daughter had breakfast quesadilla, other one the French toast and hubby had cakes and bacon. 2 coffee/2 water and 560 pesos. Plus 120 tip is still amazingly less than $10US per person. Absolutely perfect breakfast. Stopped back at the house where hubby and d2 wanted to hang out for awhile. D1 and I headed over to garrafon de Castillo for a quick snorkel. It was very windy in the night and still quite windy but we were able to snorkel without drowning and a couple of my favorite little guys, the 4 eyed butterfly made an appearance so I was happy. Not busy there at all, probably due to the wind. Checked out the parque de Los sue so before we headed back to the house.. Auto correct. Suenos. Looking for an activity for d2's birthday later in the week. $59 for the day. We might try it.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
9,948 posts
20 reviews
64 helpful votes
2. Re: Day 2
Save

Garrafon de Castilla. Auto correct again. Hung out at pool at house for a while then decided to go to acantillado for a beverage. Sooooo busy there! No parking anywhere so we went back home. I went for a walk along the cliffs there. Gosh but it is beautiful there andthose homes have such amazing views. I feel bad for the house that is almost right across from the dump. Casa de tranquilo? It was pretty bad yesterday. Saw four coatimundis. I had never seen them on the island before. Headed out for an early dinner since we didn't't have lunch. Went to oscar's. Mixed ceviche and steak nachos for appetizers since pizza wasn't available until 5. Eventually ordered the 12 garlic knots for 50 pesos and got 2 baskets full. I thought somehow he had misunderstood and gave us two orders. He said no.....uno. Okay then....we had two baskets with 10 in each basket for 50 pesos. And we ordered 2 pizzas! Guess what we are having for lunch today? All that food and three mixed drinks, two beers and one water totaled 1040 pesos. They were doing a 14 to 1 for US for anyone interested. With a 210 peso tip our bill was less than $75US using pesos.

Stopped at the super express for a couple of groceries. I don't like the bread we got at the chedraui. And we are on a quest for peanut butter. The chedraui had the striped pb with grape jelly but that is all. No luck at super express either. Looked for mantquilla con sal and there wasn't any so we settled for margarine with salt. Also got liquid sweet cream that is not refrigerated for my coffee. The seal was broken but I am using it anyway. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I really do know how to spell but I am just too lazy to go back after autocorrect changes my first attempt. Back home and ran a load of laundry. I like the thought of going home with clean clothes except as with most things here in Mexico...and this is not a criticism....the washer takes FOREVER to fill up and it agitates even slower. Mexico teaches me patience. :)

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
9,948 posts
20 reviews
64 helpful votes
3. Re: Day 2
Save

By the way....my clothes smell great, and my coffee is delicious. :)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
89 reviews
188 helpful votes
4. Re: Day 2
Save

Don't worry about spelling. We just love reading these. And we all know about the sometimes hilarious results of autocorrect. I can't believe Punta Sur was so crowded you couldn't even park. Wow!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Day 2
Save

No worries about your spelling. Enjoying your report!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
58,949 posts
169 reviews
138 helpful votes
6. Re: Day 2
Save

Not worried about spelling either. It is better than mine.

Regarding the margarine "sin sal" , when I first came here I didn't like it but now have adapted. Like many things, have convinced myself that no salt is better.

Always enjoy reading pricing comments from a visitors perspective because what seems bargain to them, seems a bit expensive to me now. I am currently in Merida and had breakfast on the Paseo Montejo, one of the most pricey areas, at my favorite place where the full breakfast with juice and coffee is about 4.50 US. Of course, realize Merida is not a tourist economy and find higher prices in Cozumel.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
89 reviews
188 helpful votes
7. Re: Day 2
Save

I intensely dislike that margarine thing. I even dislike their so called butter. Yuck. OTOH, love Merida :)

La Paz, Mexico
Level Contributor
6,056 posts
87 reviews
121 helpful votes
8. Re: Day 2
Save

Thanks for taking the time to write your reports. Love reading them on a old winter day!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
32 reviews
80 helpful votes
9. Re: Day 2
Save

MNhassnow -I'd love to know what sweet cream is. We have no fat, 5%, half and half, 18%, whipping, sour, cream cheese .... but I've never seen sweet cream.

Unsalted margarine? Hmmmmm.....

Enjoying your report!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
801 posts
15 reviews
14 helpful votes
10. Re: Day 2
Save

I found butter with salt at Chedrui and have concocted coffee cream - a mix of media cream and milk ( both in the UHT milk section).

Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.