We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pedro and Norma

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
952 posts
77 reviews
81 helpful votes
Pedro and Norma
Save

Apologize if this has already been discussed but I did not see it in a quick search. For those of you who know Pedro, the beach vendor selling the jewelry that his wife, Norma, makes, Norma has been hospitalized with a stroke. The family’s income has been understandably reduced over the last two years and the medical bills are quite significant and more than they can pay. Lean on me international is collecting funds, as are a few private donors in the Facebook groups that know him. The details are on Facebook but I’m happy to share the PayPal and/or Venmo addresses if you need them.

For those of you who don’t know Pedro, he’s an absolute staple of the Isla scene. A kind, generous person who is always happy to see you and has done so many nice favors for me and others over the years. I know there have been a great many asks lately, but please think of him if you are able.

3 replies to this topic
Southwest Michigan...
Level Contributor
742 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Pedro and Norma
Save

Thank you for posting this. We talked with Pedro yesterday, Norma is in very serious condition.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
13,002 posts
132 reviews
226 helpful votes
2. Re: Pedro and Norma
Save

Is Norma a shorter, dark skinned morena woman with 4 children?? I bought items from some woman but do recall her name, on the beach in front of Nautibeach.

Edited: January 25, 2022, 8:16 pm
Southwest Michigan...
Level Contributor
742 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Pedro and Norma
Save

LonestarGumby no, Norma does not sell on the beach, only her husband Pedro does. She and Pedro make much of the jewelry he sells.

Reply to: Pedro and Norma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.