We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated Orange Restriction

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
12 reviews
22 helpful votes
Updated Orange Restriction
Save

Yesterday (Jan 20, 2022) the government of Quintana Roo updated the list if restrictions under both Orange and Yellow.

It is a change from the restrictions published on Thursday night abd they're less restrictive.

https://reactivemosq.roo.gob.mx/actividades-economicas/

26 replies to this topic
Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
12 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

In addition to the above restrictions the following mandates are applicable:

1/ Mandatory use of face masks.

2/ Trading on public roads will be carried out following, at all times, the established hygienic measures and keeping a healthy distance.

3/ The use of dressing rooms is only allowed after the yellow traffic light.

4/ Sporting events will be held behind closed doors (without an audience) in the red and orange phase. All professional activities must be carried out in accordance with protocols established by the competent authorities. Competitions and matches between different teams must be limited by geographical areas, any competition involving people from different teams or regions must adhere to what is established by the corresponding authorities.

5/ For events of more than 150 people, it will be necessary for attendees and organizers to present an antigen test, not older than 48 hours, from a laboratory certified by the competent authorities, as a requirement to enter the facilities. Once the event has been entered, neither attendees nor organizers will be able to leave the facilities, until the end of the event.

Southwest Michigan...
Level Contributor
742 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

"Mandatory use of face masks." Oh how I wish this was being enforced! My husband and I were almost the only people wearing masks while walking on busy Hidalgo last evening. Yes you are in open air, but in very close proximity with others! DUH.

And again, please no personal opinions on masking, opinions are irrelevant. It's mandatory here, period.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
3. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

Thanks Joan.

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
12 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

De nada, Lovethe5un. 😃

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
12 reviews
22 helpful votes
5. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

The State Secretary of Health has begun collecting COVID 19 reports from hotels and resorts. This way they can keep track of how many tourists not only test positive but are in quarantine as well.

This information will now be released publically at least as to the number of tourists in quarantine.

Currently (or as of Friday Jan 21) there are 326 tourists in quarantine in either resorts, hotels or COVID specific hotels. It does not include those tourists who are quarentining in an Airbnb or other such accomodations. And, of course, it doesn't include people who tested positive but chose not to technically quarantine and simply continue with their vacation for 5-6 days until they can get a letter if recovery.

Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
14 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

Do you carry your passport and papers every where you go ? Just curious

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
43 posts
7. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

Is it just me or do these seem to look alot like the old "yellow light" restrictions? Interesting.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
22 reviews
43 helpful votes
8. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

Mexico is all big talk no action. I doubt if they will come down hard on tourists unless you are being super disruptive. Tourism is their bread and butter. I’ll wear a mask inside a store or taxi but not on the street or beach. Look up ‘the slipstream effect.’ The disposable masks 98% of people are wearing are virtually useless in crowded spaces. Better to avoid crowds altogether.

Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
14 reviews
13 helpful votes
9. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

At this point Mexico needs to shut down non essential travel if tourists don’t wear the mask. The virus is so deadly. Especially with the doubled vaxxed boosted plus thinking they can’t get it. Just shut it down to protect the locals. Forget the privileged vacations.

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
12 reviews
22 helpful votes
10. Re: Updated Orange Restriction
Save

"Do you carry your passport and papers every where you go ? Just curious"

Are you talking to me?

If so...

No I do not carry my Passport with me. But I'm not required too.

I'm not a tourist. I'm a Residente Permanente and I carry that card with everywhere I go. There's no need for me to show my Passport and I don't require a tourist Visa obviously.

Just my card. It's the same as a Mexican National carrying his INE cards with them. Required at all times.

Reply to: Updated Orange Restriction
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.