We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Covid Test

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
45 reviews
30 helpful votes
Recent Covid Test
Save

Hola. Because locations change so frequently, can someone provide where they recently, maybe this past week, got tested and price? I fly out on Friday so I"ll most likely get this done today but don't want to spend time searching :) Thanks so much!

9 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
81 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

I'm pretty sure the ferry place is still active.

Illinois
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
98 reviews
93 helpful votes
2. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

We used the one at the ferry dock on Nov 21. Test was $600 pesos.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
45 reviews
30 helpful votes
3. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

Ty

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
45 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

Yes, the ferry one was simple, wait about 10 minutes tops and $30/$600. Results are supposed to be ready in 15-20 minutes. I decided to lunch at Picus to make sure I go them but decided to go back to the beach when they hadn't appeared in my email in about an hour. Three hours later I walked back to the test site. This time I had to wait a bit of time, more than 20 minutes I'd say. For whatever reason, I was not receiving the emails. We tried everything. Eventually I downloaded whatsapp and they forwarded them there and then I downloaded them for safekeeping. All in all, it took another 20 minutes so about an hour out of my day LOL but three hours of worry (I started wondering if they didn't send results if they were positive, yikes!). The young man helping me couldn't have been nicer....neither of us can still know why. I have received emails from others on Isla so its not that....anyways, I'm negative and will fly out Friday barring any difficulties.

Glastonbury...
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
39 reviews
15 helpful votes
5. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

Dr. Josué Goal will come to you for $700 pesos. Super quick results, GREAT young doctor and really nice person!

(52) 1 777 257 1537

goaljosue@gmail.com

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
6. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

Glad that you tested negative! You just never know! I'm anxiously awaiting a trip report from you!!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
45 reviews
30 helpful votes
7. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

@Leigh, today might be trip report day given the weather LOL. Having security issues with my laptop so I'll keep my fingers crossed I can keep it up and running long enough to write at least the beginning of a report.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
134 posts
8. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

So how does that work? You get the email saying you are negative and then what, you show the email at the airport?

Level Contributor
60 posts
9. Re: Recent Covid Test
Save

Yes, when you check into your flight. You have to get in line and show it at the counter. I found it easier to print out the certificate rather than show them an email on my phone.

Reply to: Recent Covid Test
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.