We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetway

Level Contributor
39 posts
Jetway
Save

Anyone taken the Jetway from Puerto Juarez to Isla ?

20 replies to this topic
Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
11,895 posts
11 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Jetway
Save

We did.

And we will again. Better pricing. Tourists pay $320 round trip.

It's smaller and if you're inside you can't see out the windows but it's only 20 minutes so I can deal with that.

And now they have a ferry with open air seati g on top.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
31 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Jetway
Save

4 of us arrive this Saturday. Do we need to book in advance or wait until we get there? I could not figure out on their website how to purchase.

Thanks for any advice.

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
11,895 posts
11 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Jetway
Save

No need to book in advance.

Just show up and buy your tickets.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Jetway
Save

And nice to hear someone giving business to the newcomer rather than the old Monopoly of Ultramar.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
31 reviews
45 helpful votes
5. Re: Jetway
Save

Thanks for the response. Another question...what would you recommend for a transfer from Cancun airport toPuerto Juarez. We probably prefer ease over price but not ridiculously over priced. We've done ADO but open to a shuttle if it saves a good amount of time.

Thanks again!

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula, Chetumal, Mahahual
Level Contributor
23,346 posts
6. Re: Jetway
Save

Reply to Post #5...

From the airport to the ferry terminal...

Several transfer services always get positive comments on the forum: Canada Transfers, USA Transfers, CARM, Happy Shuttle, First Choice VIP.

Contact them for prices (check their websites), take your pick and make the arrangements -- they'll be waiting for you when you land.

What you have to be careful of... In the airport, don't believe anyone who tells you your transportation has been cancelled so that you have to use theirs. All the ones I've named are reliable.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
31 reviews
45 helpful votes
7. Re: Jetway
Save

Thank you MisterB!

You were extremely helpful years ago when we planned a trip from Cozumel down to Belize. And many other trips.

Level Contributor
23 posts
8. Re: Jetway
Save

Do you buy your tickets at the same counter as ultramar. Or do they have a different kiosk. . Is jetway less crowded

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Jetway
Save

Vacationjunkieindy, I just booked Canada Transfers for three adults. $75 round trip including tax. You'll also want to toss the guys a tip on both routes.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Jetway
Save

You buy your tickets from Jetway with a separate facility. Ultramar never interacts with anyone other than dirty tricks to try to put them out of business.

I cannot tell you how crowded they are but maybe Joan will come along to comment since she has recent experience.

Reply to: Jetway
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.