We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Dulce question

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
19 helpful votes
Captain Dulce question
Save

Captain Dulce has been one of our favorites on every trip, but I read a review recently that said they were under construction and not serving food. That was in June. Anyone know the current status?

USA
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
81 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

I have not been there in a while but a Facebook posting showed they have installed a huge in-ground pool and are open again with a fee to get in - not sure what that includes. Pretty sure they are serving food again and also I believe the intent was to attract day boats from Cancun. Hope that helps.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

That is definitely helpful, thanks! I get the draw from a business side to attract day trippers, but that's too bad....one of the things that made it so awesome was that it was like a secret secluded place!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
9 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

They are now an all-inclusive beach club, last I heard $70us per person to get in, food and drinks included. They do have a new pool!

Edited: 4 years ago
United States
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
155 reviews
228 helpful votes
4. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

Too bad. $70pp is pretty expensive. And beyond that, places that include all the alcohol one can drink tend to attract people who want to drink enormous amounts of alcohol.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
20 reviews
64 helpful votes
5. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

You honestly are the voice of reason here, onekbear. And common sense. :)

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
32 reviews
80 helpful votes
6. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

Wow. That's pricey. The MIA is 45.. Definitely for the mainland package crowd. Pull the boat up to the dock and party hardy.

I wonder if they will still do weddings. Such a great spot.

I'll miss the parrots by the road in, lunch on the deckwalkinv around looking at all the stuff, the dock plus those great bathrooms.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
19 helpful votes
7. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

I am suuuuuper sad to hear this $70 all inclusive bit! This was one of our favorite spots for a nice low key afternoon! Such a great spot.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
89 reviews
188 helpful votes
8. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

Yet another beach club for the drunken Cancun crew. Sad.

South River, NJ
Level Contributor
116 posts
99 reviews
70 helpful votes
9. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

Sad to hear. We've been to Isla only once and that was in May of 2016. We rented a golf cart for a day and stopped in CD for a drink. We loved the grounds, the museum and the overall laid back, quiet atmosphere. We didn't swim, but that seemed really nice too. So now being a beach club, I'm guessing there will be more crowds and noise. Yup, all good things must come to an end.

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
276 reviews
155 helpful votes
10. Re: Captain Dulce question
Save

Catamarans have already been bringing people from Cancun over just south of CD. Perhaps this is geared to that crowd. We used to like CD, but had a horrible experience on our last visit. The grounds are great.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.