We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable weather forecast today, tomorrow, weds

Dover, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
411 posts
21 reviews
12 helpful votes
Reliable weather forecast today, tomorrow, weds
Save

Arrived yesterday. Do any locals on this forum have any idea of weather for today and next two days? My Internet sources offer conflicting reports; as I write this I hear rumbles of thunder and sit under cloud cover. We've already sat out one downpour. I know this could be temporary and that passing showers are typical in this climate and time of year, but weather reports suggest otherwise. Just wondering if anyone has more reliable sources (like TV meteorologist) and knows if the showers during my stay will be more than just passing. Also - confirm whether or not conditions for snorkeling will be unfavorable throughout? Any rainy day suggestions? We have a golf cart.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Reliable weather forecast today, tomorrow, weds
Save

Reliable weather forecast=oxymoron. I see some blue sky behind the clouds to the east and am hopeful it will clear by this afternoon. I hear thunder, too, So who knows? It's weather. Usually heavy rain muddies the water for a day or two after, but you can check conditions at the reef by the bridge to the Mia Reef hotel for free and then decide whether it's worthwhile to head south to Garrafon Reef or take a snorkeling tour by boat.

Enjoy the peace and warm weather!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
21 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: Reliable weather forecast today, tomorrow, weds
Save

I find the following link useful for the big picture:

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/CaribbeanSatellite.aspx?animate=true

This morning I predicted when the showers would start and I was off by 20 minutes. It doesn't show every cell though. The good thing is these things tend to pass through quickly...say an hour or two.

It's sunny now so we're hitting the beach :)

Dover, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
411 posts
21 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Reliable weather forecast today, tomorrow, weds
Save

Thanks Walker. We decided to hit the beach too. We had to take cover a couple of times, but since we were at a beach club on Playa Norte I can think of worse ways to spend my time.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
4. Re: Reliable weather forecast today, tomorrow, weds
Save

That satellite map used to appear on Westcoastal's blog at aboutislamujeres.blogspot.mx but, at least for me, now all I get is a blank square. It's helpful information and thanks for posting the link.

5. Re: Reliable weather forecast today, tomorrow, weds

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: December 06, 2017, 2:15 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.