We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full face snorkeling mask

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
Full face snorkeling mask

Have any of you tried the full face snorkeling mask? Do you recommend it? We plan on doing a lot of snorkeling and want to take our own stuff. Thanks in advance.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
15 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

We don't have them but a friend who went with us last month did and we couldn't get her out of the water. She loved it. The drawback for us, especially being divers, is that you can't dive down with one because there's no way to equalize mask pressure with it. That's a dealbreaker for us. but for a lot of snorkelers who aren't divers I can sure see the benefits: Great viz and you never suck in any water.

Edited: June 16, 2017, 5:47 am
USA
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
12 reviews
42 helpful votes
2. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

"you can't dive down with one because there's no way to equalize mask pressure with it"

What do you mean? Your nose is in the mask so by exhaling through the nose you should be able to equalize that space.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
120 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

We just got back from CZM and used our for the first time. Freakin amazing mask. No leaks, no fog, easy to breath. You cant dive 20 + feet but 5-10 feet is more than fine, no problems. Last year we had some crappy masks and it just made snorkeling no fun. These mask increase your field of view a lot and like I said no fogging at all. I would highly recommend these to anyone. These are the ones we got.

https://www.amazon.com/EasyBreath-Anti-Fog-Hypoallergenic-Silicone-Snorkeling/dp/B00O64T7UA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497563918&sr=8-3&keywords=tribord+easybreath

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
25 reviews
29 helpful votes
4. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

Sam, check your PMs...

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
15 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

bprop: what happens is when you exhale into the mask, the air goes out the snorkel. Like Dave says, you can go down to where you start getting mask squeeze. It's more than adequate for most people imo and should make for a lot more snorkelers which is good.

Edited: June 16, 2017, 6:14 am
Millersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
568 posts
122 reviews
45 helpful votes
6. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

I can't wait to try one on our next trip. I just bought a new mask a couple of years ago and it was night and day different/better than my old one but I still had occasion where I had to stop and release some water. I'll need be o ask for one of these for my birthday!

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
20 reviews
21 helpful votes
7. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

I want one but my snorkeling mask is a prescription. I read in reviews that you could not wear glasses with this because they would break the seal around the ears. Dave, could you tell if you would be able to wear prescription swim goggles with these?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
349 posts
1 review
8. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

My husband and I both got the Triboard Easybreath - LOVE it. I still like my old school snorkel too because that is easy to slip out of your mouth to yell something lol.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
326 posts
28 reviews
6 helpful votes
9. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

We used the triboards in Maui and they were great. The only caveat was my adult daughter started breathing too fast and she got dizzy from co2 build up. We got her to breathe normally and no worries.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
120 reviews
26 helpful votes
10. Re: Full face snorkeling mask

cctexas - no you couldnt wear prescription glasses with these masks. Sorry. Seal is very important on these, have heard guys with long stubble couldnt seal properly. I have a goatee and I shaved it down with a number 1 guard on my shaver and didnt have any problems.