We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM

Tonawanda, New York
1 post
Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

My wife and I have been to EPM 10x. We’re in our 30’s; we’re not partiers. We enjoy the quiet lazy river pool, the ala carte healthier fare (French and Spice Restaurants are our fav), the gym (the fact that they actually have a squat rack and barbells is paramount), and the overall laid back/quiet vibe.

We’d like to try a new adults only all inclusive in either Cancun or Punta Cana (or anywhere that is traveler friendly right now).

We’re nervous about choosing poorly because we found a place we like so much but we’re all itching for something new. Does anyone have any suggestions?

16 replies to this topic
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
272 posts
38 reviews
42 helpful votes
1. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

Everything about your question screams LeBlanc.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
80 reviews
356 helpful votes
2. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

Have a look at Atelier Playa Mujeres. It has all you are looking for and is on basically the same stretch of coastline, a bit further north and it's newer.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
58 reviews
31 helpful votes
3. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

Le Blanc is more luxurious but is very quiet and the water is more rough on the hotel zone beaches. It’s also a bit more expensive.

Atelier might be a good one to try...I haven’t been yet but they have quite a following for only being open a year or two. It is an adult section within a larger resort though.

Live Aqua would also be a good choice but it’s also in the hotel zone so you’d have the same rough waters.

Hotel Xcaret is very nice but family friendly...same with Grand Velas.

Long story short is that EPM and ERC are top resorts in their regions for a reason. They have nearly perfected the balance between activities/chill, excellent service/not overly imposing, and great food without being too pretentious. Have you tried the other Excellence properties??

Texas
Level Contributor
700 posts
10 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

Jon W - thanks for putting out all your info. Following......

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

I am very curious on this as well. We did an adult women's trip (all in our 40s) to Atelier before Covid and LOVED it. Now their price point (particularly for Inspira) is sky high. I wonder if we should try Excellence PM instead for a similar vibe at a lower price point?

Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

In Punta Cana, you can try Excellence Punta Cana, but I would try the Sanctuary Cap Cana.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
615 posts
12 reviews
47 helpful votes
7. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

The best of luck with your selection. We look forward to see where you decide to go.

We ventured from our norm, Secrets 26x going somewhere that was supposed to be “equal if not better” and were very let down.

Needless to say we’re going back to Secrets!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
58 reviews
31 helpful votes
8. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

Cobra, I’m curious what Secrets you’ve been to and enjoyed so much? I’ve only liked and would return to Maroma of all of the locations we’ve visited.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
615 posts
12 reviews
47 helpful votes
9. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

We are returning to Secrets Maroma (have been there numerous times!). Secrets Akumal is very nice, right up there with Maroma, however the hour drive from the airport just makes it a little less desirable to us. There is a new Secrets "Riviera" opening or just opened in the area also.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
58 reviews
31 helpful votes
10. Re: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Save

Ok. We haven’t been to Akumal yet, but of S Playa Mujeres, S Silversands, S Capri, S Maroma Beach, S the Vine, and S Puerto Vallarta, the only one we would return to is Maroma. We’ve liked the Excellence properties even more than Maroma so I doubt we’ll ever be at a Secrets resort again unless we find an amazing deal.

Secrets Riviera is actually a rebranding of the “club” side of Breathless. Not a new resort, but a name change on an old one.

Edited: May 15, 2021, 10:48 pm
Reply to: Can you suggest an adults-only better than Excellence PM
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.