We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Thomas Starz Hotel & 7 Day Trip

7 posts
St Thomas Starz Hotel & 7 Day Trip
Save

Hello All,

I am taking my first solo trip to St Thomas! I will be staying at the Starz Hotel next week for 7 days, which is about an 8 minute drive from the airport. I have a car rented for the entire duration of my stay which will be my primary transportation. I wanted to run my plans by you all and receive any feedback, recommendations, or advice. Anything helps!

For the 1st Day, the 20th, I am hoping to settle in, then immediately hit a beach. I understand some of the nice ones are Coki, Sapphire, Lindquist, Secret Harbour, Megan's Bay etc. I don't have a specific one determined, but it will likely be one or a combination of those.

Day 2 & 3: Likely explore the afore mentioned beaches. My hope is that I can just drive right to them, park, and then go swim & snorkel.

Day 4: Hopefully a full day at St John. I will drive to Red Hook, leave my rental and ferry over, where I will then walk around by foot, swim at the beaches, and take a taxi/Uber when needed. I hear there is also an option to ferry my rental across. Is that feasible? More expensive? Necessary?

Day 5 & 6: I am looking to find some time for horseback riding at Golden Age Ranch. I also hope to drive/walk around Frenchtown. Any spare time these days will be used to head back to a beach, do some additional snorkeling, or sightsee from some heights.

Day 7: Heading back to the airport and going home.

How does this sound? Thank you all for your help.

Edited: May 17, 2021, 8:47 am
3 replies to this topic
7 posts
1. Re: St Thomas Starz Hotel & 7 Day Trip
Save

I am also looking to Jet Ski at some point during the trip. Any recommendations? Thanks again

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,942 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
2. Re: St Thomas Starz Hotel & 7 Day Trip
Save

Sounds like a doable plan but you're going to be doing a lot of driving.

Coki, Sapphire, Lindqvist and Secret Harbour are all good for snorkeling. Magens is gorgeous but with limited snorkeling but don't miss it for that reason. There are entry/parking fees at both Magens and Lindqvist. There's a jet skiing operation at Sapphire.

You'll have a much better time on St John if you take your rental over on the car barge (as long as you didn't rent from Hertz which doesn't permit their vehicles to be taken there). Barge schedule and rates here:

https://www.vinow.com/travel/virgin-islands-ferry-schedules/stjohnbarge/

A note of caution - Starz isn't located in the best area and I believe they have only street parking. Don't leave anything in your car and don't walk around the area late at night. Tuck yourself in early and start off early the next day!

Edited: May 17, 2021, 7:43 pm
7 posts
3. Re: St Thomas Starz Hotel & 7 Day Trip
Save

Thank you! Your advice turned out to be very helpful.

Reply to: St Thomas Starz Hotel & 7 Day Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.