We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mask Wearing Mandate at the Beach?

Austin, Texas
3 posts
Mask Wearing Mandate at the Beach?
Save

Hello, I am trying to understand what is the extent of the mask wearing mandate while staying outdoors and specifically at the beaches. Would really appreciate any insights about the mask wearing policy and enforcement (fines) being made. Many thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
20 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Mask Wearing Mandate at the Beach?
Save

As long as you can socially distance, a mask is not required on the beach. If you are at a beach with concessions (i.e. Trunk, Honeymoon, Maho) a mask must be worn to be served food/beverages. See attached for full details...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10M4K3Yi3GOCdk_XGZIE7EVt6qxai3ZNH/view

https://usviupdate.com/

Austin, Texas
3 posts
2. Re: Mask Wearing Mandate at the Beach?
Save

Many thanks for you response Ed S. Very useful information

Marshfield...
Level Contributor
8,207 posts
281 reviews
89 helpful votes
3. Re: Mask Wearing Mandate at the Beach?
Save

At Sapphire, everyone wore masks as they walked around, to get drinks/food or go to the rest room. When lying on a beach chair, or in the water no need to wear a mask.

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
20 reviews
16 helpful votes
4. Re: Mask Wearing Mandate at the Beach?
Save

During the first 2 weeks of this past Dec. (not high season nor crowded like it's been), when we went to the beach, we left our masks in the jeep. We were never in a situation where we weren't always able to social distance (and we never go to the beaches I mentioned above with concessions on amenities).

Reply to: Mask Wearing Mandate at the Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about U.S. Virgin Islands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.