We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid 19 test

Holland, New York
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Covid 19 test
Save

We will be arriving in a few weeks and I know all about the travel portal and what needs to be completed, but I am curious where people are getting their Covid 19 tests done before they leave the states to enter the USVI? Are people using Quest Diagnostics, Pharmacies, Urgent cares, etc? And has anyone ran into any issues with receiving their results in time?

We want to get a test that has results within 48 hrs and really no more than 72. I don't want any issues when that week comes. On the other hand, we are all excited about visiting, even though I hear it is a hopping place right now. Have fun fellow travelers. Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,652 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid 19 test
Save

If you google "Covid testing Holland NY" you'll find all the options available to you in your area and can follow up from there. Visitors have been using a wide assortment of tests and testing sites all over the country and as long as the tests are acceptable to the Travel Portal (and that information is on the site) there's no problem.

https://usviupdate.com/

Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Covid 19 test
Save

I had my doctor place the order for my test and used the hospital lab - it took about 58 hours to get the results in MYCHART which I immediately uploaded to the portal and it took 50 hours total to receive the green check mark. I did end up emailing the portal because we were leaving for the airport at 2:00 AM on a Tuesday morning and as of 4:00 PM Monday. I still had not received - within 10 minutes I got my email. Some people are getting faster responses. We traveled on March 16th (blood draw was Thursday morning 8:00 AM, results received Saturday evening on MYCHART, uploaded Saturday evening - around 7:45 PM and got our green check mark around 4:20 PM Monday - we were traveling Tuesday morning)

Reply to: Covid 19 test
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.