We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Family Trip to US Virgin Islands-Suggestions

1 post
First Family Trip to US Virgin Islands-Suggestions
Save

I am planning my first family trip to the US virgin islands and feeling a littlie overwhelmed. We have 4 daughters ranging from 18-11 and want to make sure we stay on a family friendly island with lost to do for everyone. Any one who has suggestions, could you please also mention the side or location of the island I should look for, as well :) -All advice welcome!

1 reply
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,611 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: First Family Trip to US Virgin Islands-Suggestions
Save

The first thing you need to do is decide which island. They all have their own particular character. St Thomas and St John are right next to each other, St Croix sits on its own 40 miles south. St Thomas and St John are both volcanic islands, St Croix is much flatter. St John is the most expensive, then St Thomas and then St Croix. There is next to no beachfront accommodation on St John; STT and STX both have that.

Suggest you go the dedicated forums for each, read all the general information in the drop-down menus top of the page and go through the forum threads to get a feel for each. Decide first which suits you in terms of accessibility and price points. All are perfectly family-friendly.

Reply to: First Family Trip to US Virgin Islands-Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about U.S. Virgin Islands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.