We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI

Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

will leave on Friday morning and coming back Tuesday in am, so only 3 full days.

ok guys, I def want to do full day in St. John of beachcombing and snorkeling. Maybe a boat tour, cataraman that offers a tour of several of the beaches, lunch, and snorkeling; and as far as St. Thomas def want to see some of the shopping, Magens Bay- dunno much about St.Croix besides the rum distillery tour.. any suggestions appreciated- My main reason to go to the islands is the beaches and water activities mainly snorkeling!

11 replies to this topic
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
27 reviews
20 helpful votes
1. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

Where are you staying? Travel between STT and STJ is simple - not STX though.

Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
2. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

Sure.. I will be Windward Passage Hotel..

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
27 reviews
20 helpful votes
3. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

Ok well St Croix won’t be reachable for you, but Water Island and STJ will be. If you need a lounger for the beach, your only option on STJ will be Honeymoon Beach. You’ll taxi there and take a shuttle to the beach for around another $10 one way.

You can hike there from the STJ ferry dock, just wear decent footwear (not flip flops). The entrance to the trail is across the road from Mongoose Jct shopping plaza. Off the ferry dock , head left and ask directions to Mongoose. It’s only a 5 minute walk to Mongoose, maybe 20-30 minute hike to Honeymoon. You can rent loungers and snorkel equipment there. Not the best snorkel but without a car, probably the best you can do.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
36 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

On St.. Thomas you should definitely go to Brewers Bay,, Coki Beach and Magens Bay, Brewers is closest to your hotel. I am not familiar with excursions from STT, but I know there are many that go to the beaches 9f St. John.

Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
5. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

Minde-thanks .. I won't be renting a car not in my budget. Looks the hike is fun seeing that at the end is a prize!!

Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
6. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

Ok guys so I am not near St. Croix so begs the questions how do tourists get there since only airport is in Charlotte Amalie or at least major International airport?

And am i really missing out by not embarking on St. Croix?? Am I missing anything by not going there?

Boston
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
33 reviews
28 helpful votes
7. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

St Croix has an airport. The code is STX. It is 40 miles from STT so not easy to do a day trip. You are only there for 3 days and you will not even scratch the surface on STT or STJ. It is not feasible for you to go to STX on a 3 day trip.

Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
8. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

No I can't go to Brewer's Bay or anywhere in BVI- my passport expired today ha!

But thanks for the recommendation of: Coki Beach I see that it is close to Coral World Ocean Park. Is that worth going to? Remember I am going to USVI to be near the water, immersed in marine life.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
2 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

Brewers Bay is on St Thomas

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,652 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
10. Re: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Save

You couldn't go to the British Virgin Islands even if your passport was valid because (as you've already been told) there are no ferries or charters going between the USVI and the BVI because of Covid restrictions.

Hopefully you know of the Covid testing you have to have done to come here. All the information you need about that and the current local restrictions ("Information For Leisure Travelers") can be found here:

https://usviupdate.com/

Forget about St Croix. You can't possibly fit that in on a three day trip here.

Reply to: best way to spend 3 Full days in USVI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.