We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccine Tourism

4 posts
Vaccine Tourism
Save

It was published today on a Peruvian newspaper that foreigners can get vaccinated in the US Virgin Island while there for tourism. Does anyone know if this is true? If so anyone can recommend a tour operator that cam help me organize such a trip?

8 replies to this topic
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,639 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Vaccine Tourism
Save

As a foreigner you would have to be eligible to enter the US. If you're a Peruvian you must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa before your departure. In order to enter the USVI you must upload a Covid test taken within 5 days of travel to the travel portal:

https://usviupdate.com/

At the bottom of the instructions there is contact information and if you plan to get a visa and go this route you should contact the portal to see if this would be acceptable.

4 posts
2. Re: Vaccine Tourism
Save

Actually I already have a valid tourist visa and have been to the States many times. My doubt was if it is true that in the Virgin Islands they give the vaccine without asking for proof of residence. Do you have any idea?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Vaccine Tourism
Save

Please do. It plan a trip to take shots who need them. Where I live I can’t get a shot. And as a citizen I still wouldn’t travel to another state or USVI to get one, that’s not right. So you shouldn’t be traveling to another country.

It’s all very unfortunate, but we all have to wait our turn.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
36 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Vaccine Tourism
Save

The USVI public health officials on the news the other day were encouraging people come, they have more vaccine than people who want it. I have read many stories, but you have to stay long enough to receive shot series.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,639 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
5. Re: Vaccine Tourism
Save

Then yes, you can come here and schedule the vaccine. There is no residency requirement. Read all the instructions in the link provided very carefully (the Federal provision for testing before entering the US will supersede the local entry requirement) and the testing center in your home country must meet US requirements. Once you've absorbed all the information then contact the Travel Portal for confirmation.

4 posts
6. Re: Vaccine Tourism
Save

Thanks, can you recommend a local tour operator that might help me organize my trip? What do you refer to when you mention a Travel Portal?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,639 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
7. Re: Vaccine Tourism
Save

I don't know of any tour operators, you would have to make your own arrangements with your own local travel agency.

The Travel Portal is fully explained in the link I provided earlier. Open the link and read it completely as it contains all the information you need.

4 posts
8. Re: Vaccine Tourism
Save

Thanks a lot. Just saw the link. It is very useful

Reply to: Vaccine Tourism
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about U.S. Virgin Islands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.