We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from St. John to St. Croix

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
198 posts
108 reviews
82 helpful votes
Ferry from St. John to St. Croix
Save

I was looking yesterday and saw ferry schedules to St. Croix. Let me know if anyone can validate they are running. Also wanted to know if we should consider a day trip to St. Croix. Wondering if it's worth a day trip considering we do not have a car and will rely on a cab. We are staying on St. Thomas for one week. We may just go to St. John for a day.

3 replies to this topic
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,630 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Ferry from St. John to St. Croix
Save

The ferry goes from St Thomas and right now the schedule doesn't permit a day trip, only an overnight. From STX you can do a day trip to STT. Details here:

https://www.qe4ferry.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
8,234 posts
33 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Ferry from St. John to St. Croix
Save

If you have never been to STT or STJ I would stay there. Do a day trip to STJ. STX is my favorite island but a day is not really enough to see very much and you should spend the time enjoying STT and STJ.

If you decide to go to STX I would say take the seaplane.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,630 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Ferry from St. John to St. Croix
Save

Well looks like the Native Son has taken up the slack and is doing the STT/STX run in addition to the QEIV and their schedule allows for a day trip from STT. Don't know how the ride will be as it's a long and deep crossing with often very high seas, exactly why former ferries (the QEIV was specifically built for these waters) were affectionately known locally as "The Barf Barge" and "The Vomit Comet"!

https://www.vinow.com/travel/virgin-islands-ferry-schedules/stcroix/

Edited: April 01, 2021, 5:37 am
Reply to: Ferry from St. John to St. Croix
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about U.S. Virgin Islands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.