We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi advice for St. Thomas

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
198 posts
108 reviews
82 helpful votes
Taxi advice for St. Thomas
Save

This is our first trip to St. Thomas. Unfortunately we didn't rent a car ahead of time and finding that car rentals are completely booked. What are some tips for cab companies and what should we expect to pay taking 2 or 3 cab rides a day? We're staying at the Point Pleasant resort. It sounds like the island doesn't have Lyft or Uber. The resort does have some type of shuttle service to the nearby beaches.

4 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
198 posts
108 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Taxi advice for St. Thomas
Save

I found some sightseeing tours which may be what we do one day.

https://www.viator.com/tours/St-Thomas/sightseeing-and-swimming-excursion/d965-87974P2

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Taxi advice for St. Thomas
Save

We used Big Love twice before we had a car back in December. You can google their details, they were fast and processional! I would try to condense your travels on the island as much as you can.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,641 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Taxi advice for St. Thomas
Save

Many recent visitors unable to secure a reservation from off-island have successfully found vehicles when here and calling around to the various agencies.

Taxi rates are here:

https://www.vinow.com/stthomas/getting_around_stt/taxi_stt/

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
198 posts
108 reviews
82 helpful votes
4. Re: Taxi advice for St. Thomas
Save

Thanks. I saw another post with listings of car rental agencies. We will probably give it a shot. I think we are basically going to go to the beach during the day and take one trip out at night for dinner as to condense our trips.

Reply to: Taxi advice for St. Thomas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about U.S. Virgin Islands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.