We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female Solo Travel to USVI (St. John or St. Thomas?)

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Female Solo Travel to USVI (St. John or St. Thomas?)
Save

Hi,

I'm a 27 year old female who has never traveled solo before and I plan on doing that on the second week of April. I want to know which would be better to visit? St. John or St. Thomas? Open to recommendations. I'm not looking to party. I just want to relax and have a few drinks but not also feel completely isolated.

Also, any hiking trails in St. John with amazing views that are not to strenuous?

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Caribbean
Level Contributor
4,998 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Female Solo Travel to USVI (St. John or St. Thomas?)
Save

If you can find suitable accommodations for one person STJ would be relaxing and quieter in most cases.

Yes there are medium level hiking trails and some really easy ones too.

Look in Cruz Bay if you don't want a rental car.

Edited: March 25, 2021, 7:41 am
Potomac Falls...
Level Contributor
386 posts
54 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: Female Solo Travel to USVI (St. John or St. Thomas?)
Save

We prefer St. John over St. Thomas -- for us, it has a better laid back vibe and better beaches. Try looking at AirBNB or VRBO for a room/small villa...Grande Bay has some nice rooms overlooking Cruz Bay. We've rented a small villa on the Coral Bay side in mid-April -- and if you go that route (east side of the island), you will definitely need a car. For hikes, we like Ram's Head. It's not too strenuous, but it is a little remote.

Duxbury...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
105 reviews
67 helpful votes
3. Re: Female Solo Travel to USVI (St. John or St. Thomas?)
Save

Good advice from the previous posters. If you post on the St John specific forum you will probably get a lot more good advice. I definitely would stay in Cruz Bay if you are traveling alone.

Reply to: Female Solo Travel to USVI (St. John or St. Thomas?)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about U.S. Virgin Islands
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.