We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reef safe sunscreens

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
9 helpful votes
reef safe sunscreens
Save

What brands of sunscreen are approved for use in St. Thomas?

3 replies to this topic
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
21,622 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: reef safe sunscreens
Save

You can't buy here (and retailers are banned from selling) any which contain oxybenzone, octocrylene and octinoxate.

2. Re: reef safe sunscreens

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: March 26, 2021, 11:37 pm

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
79 posts
73 reviews
47 helpful votes
3. Re: reef safe sunscreens
Save

We are in STX right now and it was a challenge to find sunscreen here. I don’t think the reef safe brands here protect as well as the old ones so reapply every hour. I’m currently nursing an awful sunburn and I reapplied every two hours.

Reply to: reef safe sunscreens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.