We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

Middletown, Maryland
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

I am thinking of booking a condo at The Avalon near the public beach and Governers Beach. Wondering if anyone has opinions on this condo complex and does the public beach just down the way attract a lot of crowds (from cruise ships, etc.)?

18 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

Many years ago, after staying on a top floor for *the view* we were switched to a ground floor unit. Never went back up. Not only is the bathroom accessible, but the kitchen -- and the blender for those frozen cocktails -- is so convenient. We too lock everything and have never had a problem.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

Many years ago, after staying on a top floor for *the view* we were switched to a ground floor unit. Never went back up. Not only is the bathroom accessible, but the kitchen -- and the blender for those frozen cocktails -- is so convenient. We too lock everything and have never had a problem.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

Middletown, Maryland
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

I was thinking of those cocktails too! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

Sorry that my message was posted 3 times....not sure why/how that happened!!

Honest.....I wasn't being pushy!

Middletown, Maryland
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

LOL! -- I've seen that happen before with trip advisor. Didn't think you were being pushy!

Have you stayed in unit #9 at the Avalon? Is it an easy walk to a few restaurants? Don't need a bunch, just wanted a few options if we want to walk for lunch or drinks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

You can walk to Duke's, Calico Jack's, the restaurants at the Seafire.....to the south, the restaurants at the Westin, Eats, Sunshine Grill. Take a look at www.caymangoodtaste.com & click on the interactive map. You will see the Avalon.....some of the restaurants that I mentioned are not specifically on that map, but are walkable.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,702 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?

Maps.google.com also provides exact distances and walking directions.

Reply to: Staying at the Avalon and nearby public beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach