We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photographer

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Photographer

Has anyone used a photographer for a family portrait? Would like to do this while we are there...staying close to kaibo yacht club

8 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photographer

We used Picture This who is now located in Camana Bay. We had a fun session & are thrilled with our photos.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photographer

Can you give me an estimate of the cost and what type of pictures did you have taken?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Photographer

We use Jennifer of Willowdale Photography or Amy of Amy Stralzko Photography. Both are excellent. We do at least one shoot per year if not two (three this year!). We usually do our shoots on the beach. I think Willowdale is $200 USD for a one hour shoot and that includes the photos. Amy will be slightly more than that I think and Picture This is quite a bit pricier again. We used Picture This for many years (that's how we met Amy) and life events (wedding, newborn) and they are also excellent but probably the priciest on the Island.

Edited: July 15, 2017, 9:19 am
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photographer

We used Chad Munro from Picture this Studios. You can look at his work at chadmunro.com. The cost was 450 CI and we got around 50 pictures. He came out to our condo around sunset and we took pictures on SMB.. I highly recommend him!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photographer

When we used Picture This, Amy worked there, so I would contact her first. She came to our condo on SMB about an hour before sunset to capture the best lighting. We are a family of 5 and she shot many many photos. Some of the 5 of us, some just of the parents, some of just the girls. Walking along the water, sitting in the sand, all sorts of different shots. Not so much formal poses, but that was our choice. I think that the cost was about $200 & we received a flash drive with all of the photos. I made a beautiful photobook on Snapfish and had a few made into large photo canvases. Worked for us!

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photographer

Heather Holt http://www.heatherholt.com/contact-cayman

New York
Level Contributor
233 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photographer

Great post question, if we go this August would definitely want a sunset family photo shoot, will keep this info handy

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photographer

You will need to check sunset time and plan about an hour's photo shoot with your photographer.

Reply to: Photographer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach