We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GCM Airport Experience

Austin, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
GCM Airport Experience

Really excited about possibly going to GCM over the summer but reviews about how chaotic the aiport is, is somewhat dampening my excitement. We're flying Southwest and coming back using Delta ( because it has a connecting flight to our home city and SW does not). We're flying in Tuesday and leaving Wednesday the week after. How bad is the whole airport situation?

Thank you!!!

32 replies to this topic
Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
178 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: GCM Airport Experience

We had ZERO issues on a Sat home to NY. The only people who seemed to encounter delays were trying to fly with liquid items.

Austin, Texas
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: GCM Airport Experience

As a follow up to this post let me just share with y'all that we had nothing but wonderful experiences in the Cayman Islands. I was really apprehensive about the airport only because we were traveling with family in many different age levels with different needs. Other negative reviews didn't help as well but when we got there everybody was really pleasant, polite, and efficient. I did my due diligence as well by making sure that all my liquids were under 3.4 oz were packed in a quart size bag ( my liquids/creams were more first aid stuff rather than make up). I also had a 4 oz unopened bottle of antihistamine and an epi-pen which I had a letter of medical necessity for and our bags were neither searched nor opened. We did not check in any bags but we were very conscientious in packing and following the rules.

However, one of our companions did not take heed on the 311 rule and had a whole make up bag filled with creams/gels/make up which was searched and ended by delaying the line.

Granted that the airport was smaller than all the other airports we have passed by before, it did what it's suppose to do.

The agents were nothing but polite and friendly, way better than the ATL airport agents.

Thank y'all for providing feedback when I was needing clarification!

Reply to: GCM Airport Experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach