We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCR test to enter Vieques.

PCR test to enter Vieques.

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: May 11, 2021, 3:49 am

5 replies to this topic
Florence, South...
1 post
1. Re: PCR test to enter Vieques.
Save

Interested and following. Trip planned in July

South Jersey and...
Level Contributor
99 posts
18 reviews
10 helpful votes
2. Re: PCR test to enter Vieques.
Save

You inspired me to finally call my hotel in Esperanza for some clarification. We're staying at El Blok, and the person I spoke with there this morning said that the test that you take within 72 hours before arriving in Puerto Rico is sufficient. The hotel wants to see proof of that test, but I don't need to take another one.

Now (because I am a worrier), I am wondering if the same will be true for our flight to Vieques. I may try to call the airline for reassurance. But my gut says the one test is sufficient. Please post here if you find our anything different.

3. Re: PCR test to enter Vieques.

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: May 11, 2021, 3:49 am

Hatboro...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
4. Re: PCR test to enter Vieques.
Save

My family traveled to/fro Vieques late March/early April. Flying to San Juan from the US, a negative PCR test (72 hours prior) was required to enter Puerto Rico - checkpoint set up in airport prior to baggage claim and/or departing airport. So if it’s required there, it shouldn’t really matter who else requires it - ferry, val or hotel - because you have it already. We weren’t asked to show proof except for San Juan ‘s airport. Unless you’re planning to spend more than 72 hours on mainland Puerto Rico before continuing on to Vieques, it shouldn’t be an issue.

South Jersey and...
Level Contributor
99 posts
18 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: PCR test to enter Vieques.
Save

Mmal, thanks for the info, but we are spending a few days in Luquillo and San Juan. That’s what the issue is.

Reply to: PCR test to enter Vieques.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.