We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Rico in November

3 posts
Puerto Rico in November
Save

How’s the weather in November? I’m planning a week vacation visiting San Juan and Cayo Icacos. Would September/October be a better time to go?

Thanks! :)

6 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
48,498 posts
1,269 reviews
329 helpful votes
1. Re: Puerto Rico in November
Save

Lots of sites like this: https://weatherspark.com/m/27814/11/Average-Weather-in-November-in-San-Juan-Puerto-Rico

Sept/Oct are usually a bit lower priced as they are more in Hurricane season than November is

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
2. Re: Puerto Rico in November
Save

Historically, the bulk of "tropical weather activity" has been in September and October. Those months are considered the "height of hurricane season". Though, "past performance may not be indicative of future results" ... that applies to the weather, too.

3 posts
3. Re: Puerto Rico in November
Save

Thanks! So November isn’t ideal to visit due to the weather and potential for storms?

boston
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Puerto Rico in November
Save

I would rather travel to P.R. in November than September. Been many times end of October and the weather has been great. But! One never knows. Mother Nature and all that.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Puerto Rico in November
Save

I haven't been to PR in November either. But, it must be pretty nice because "high season" starts @ 11/10 and the rates go up.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,446 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
6. Re: Puerto Rico in November
Save

"I would rather travel to P.R. in November than September."

Me too. September is too risky.

Reply to: Puerto Rico in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.