We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging suggestions near surfing and san juan

Centennial
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
16 reviews
32 helpful votes
lodging suggestions near surfing and san juan
Save

We are traveling in late August. 3 twenty somethings and a fifty-something. Two of the twenty somethings want to do nothing but surf (they might enjoy a hike and some cliff jumping as well). The other two of us are more general tourists -(culture, history, rain forest, beach, night life, and a budget but still nice-ish resort. )

Rincon would be perfect for the surfers, but not for the other two of us.

So, I'm looking for some place to stay near surfing in San Juan. A quick google search came up with Playas Aviones, La Ocho and Las Tubos. We'd also like to know if there is any surfing on Isla Verde or Condado and if so, which would be better for surfing.

Where would you recommend we stay? Or should we rent a car stay a couple of days in San Juan and a couple of days in Rincon?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 replies to this topic
New York
Level Contributor
970 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: lodging suggestions near surfing and san juan
Save

Traveling omg I was just in Rincon and San Juan. I'd rent a car and explore SJ a few days and stay in Rincon another few for the surfers the sunset was absolutely gorgeous and the area in general. I also loved Mar Chiquita in Manati

Centennial
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
16 reviews
32 helpful votes
2. Re: lodging suggestions near surfing and san juan
Save

I'd still like to hear from anyone who knows about surfing in San Juan.

Even if we divide the trip, they will still want to surf on the San Juan days.

Reply to: lodging suggestions near surfing and san juan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.