We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to PR- going mid-June, need any suggestions

Dallas
2 posts
First time to PR- going mid-June, need any suggestions
Save

Hi all! I had a last minute change of plans and will be celebrating my 40th in PR (vaccinated) We’re staying at Copamarina, and will be renting a car. I plan to be back at the resort well in time for curfew, and know it’s operating at 30% for restaurants etc. not wanting to visit any bars (so not worried they’re closed) more want to do beaches, caves, rainforest and lots and lots of good food and local shopping. I know I need to make reservations now for these excursions so any suggestions you could give I’d so appreciate!!!

3 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
9,570 posts
24 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: First time to PR- going mid-June, need any suggestions
Save

The Copamarina resort is a Fav of mine. It is away from everything you have mentioned. It's all by itself on the south coast. The El Yunque Rainforest is a couple hours away as are the caves. You have an hour and a half drive back to San Juan, through San Juan and then East or West. You should look at a map. Guanica is a small town with only a few stores.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
2. Re: First time to PR- going mid-June, need any suggestions
Save

Guanica is at least 2.5 hours from the rainforest and the caves. More with traffic. So if more of what you want to do is located north or east, staying in Guanica may not be convenient.

His ice is however, close to the nicest beaches on the main island (Cabo Rojo).

Edited: May 15, 2021, 9:22 pm
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
3. Re: First time to PR- going mid-June, need any suggestions
Save

*Guanica. (Not “his ice”.)

Reply to: First time to PR- going mid-June, need any suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.