We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in San Juan

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Where to stay in San Juan
Save

We are planning a family vacation with 2 of our colleges students in June. We have heard that areas of condado to Isla verde are great, but we are having difficulties finding a hotel with 2 bedrooms/suites close to the beach as our kids are already adults. Our budget is up to $ 230/night, any suggestion ? Thank you.

Edited: April 22, 2021, 6:50 pm
Best value hotels in Puerto Rico
4 replies to this topic
boston
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to stay in San Juan
Save

You can try embassy suites just a couple blocks from Isle Verde beach. $230 is fairly low for a budget knowing the prices of hotels

In the area. Have you looked for an air bnb? That might be an option in your price range.

Cheshire...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay in San Juan
Save

One of the regualr posters on here recommended getting a condo rental on the beach (maybe through Air BnB?) and she frequents PR often so I would definitely take her recommendation!

We did one night at the Fairmount El San Juan hotel and loved it! It is pricey, but I see there are sometimes deals on that hotel. The pools, private part of the beach and location is totally worth it!

Edited: April 22, 2021, 10:48 pm
New York
Level Contributor
923 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay in San Juan
Save

Airbnb or vrbo or possibly booking.com lots of cheap condos with pool etc

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,306 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
4. Re: Where to stay in San Juan
Save

Consider a condo at Marbella del Caribe. These condos consistently receive positive reviews here on TA. I can attest to that because I rented one last month (2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3 beds, balcony, fully equipped and furnished, nicely decorated, and free parking).

Both buildings are right on the beach, and within short walking distance to restaurants. The supermarket is a very short car ride, and Walgreens is right across the street.

You can find these units on AirBnB, and vrbo.com.

Edited: April 23, 2021, 9:22 pm
Reply to: Where to stay in San Juan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.