We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On Vieques now

Barrington, Rhode...
Level Contributor
497 posts
14 reviews
12 helpful votes
On Vieques now
Save

It case this helps anyone traveling soon.

We arrived a week ago Sunday in San Juan

Got tested Friday. I knew results would come back with 3 days or less. The declaration now asks if you are vaccinated. We are and we uploaded our vaccinated cards. On the form I answered awaiting results and got a QR code. Test results came thur at baggage claim. We showed our QR codes and exited the airport. There wasn't a place to upload test results. We get a SARA text every day asking about covid symptoms.

We stayed one night at the El Convento, had drinks and snacks at their new sister hotel. I was wishing we had stayed there. Its lovely. We ate dinner at La Madre we went out about 7pm. They were busy but we got a table quickly.

Monday morning we had coffee and split a Mallorca at Don Ruiz and got a noon flight out of Island Grande. The flight was full.

It seems quite here except this past weekend. I've never visited this time of year so I can't say if that's just normal for the time of year. Only spent one night in San Juan but there was definitely more traffic in OSJ than I've ever seen.

Our first few days we mostly did late luches and didn't go out for dinner. Had lunch at Duffy's, Bananas, Isla Nina. We had dinner with reservations at Coqui Fire, El blok and El Quenepo. Sunday night at the Tin box figured we'd wing it. It was pretty busy we got there around 7 were seated by 7:30.

We are usually later eaters, and don't like to have a schedule so the earlier curfew is a bummer in that sense, but we are in bed earlier and mostly have been getting an earlier start to the day.

Beaches we hit Sun Bay, La Chiva, Media Luna, stopped but didn't stay at Navio and Playa Plata because there was a lot of seaweed. We were going to go to Secret beach yesterday but a couple in the lot told us there were alot of bees. The lot was empty so I guess the bees were keeping people out. We moved on to a nice spot on La Chiva and had a great day. Caracas is still closed

6 replies to this topic
South Jersey and...
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: On Vieques now
Save

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to taking a similar trip in a few weeks.

Are beaches open?

What is the name of El Convento’s new sister property?

Barrington, Rhode...
Level Contributor
497 posts
14 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: On Vieques now
Save

Yes beaches are open in Vieques. Palacio Provincial is the new hotel

South Jersey and...
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: On Vieques now
Save

That’s where I am staying! So excited to hear it is nice.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
440 posts
129 reviews
81 helpful votes
4. Re: On Vieques now
Save

Thanks for the info! We will be there in a few weeks. I feel like figuring out the food situation will be the biggest challenge. I've been able to make dinner reservations at El Blok, but that's it. Did it seem like more places were open for lunch than dinner? Thanks again!

Barrington, Rhode...
Level Contributor
497 posts
14 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: On Vieques now
Save

"Did it seem like more places were open for lunch than dinner?"

Most seem to be operating. I haven't seen Bili opened but I did notice new menu signs up so they must be operating.

Coqui Fire will be closed for 3 weeks in May

Cielo Mar looks closed down

South Jersey and...
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: On Vieques now
Save

Thanks so much for the info. Can’t wait to be there!

Reply to: On Vieques now
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.