We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation in PR

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
236 reviews
118 helpful votes
Public transportation in PR
Save

Is there some form of public transportation in PR? We are staying in the Condado area and would like to take public transportation other than Uber to tourist sites, i.e., Old San Juan and the Bacardi Rum Factory.

We would also like to rent a car perhaps a day or two to see other parts of the island.

I have looked at Rincon and perhaps Ponce. But we would like to get back to the San Juan area for easy access to the airport to catch our flight back home.

4 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
281 posts
4 reviews
37 helpful votes
1. Re: Public transportation in PR
Save

There is minimal public transportation. https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/bus-routes-map/

and a light rail system.....A bus runs along Ashford I think it's the 53??? There is lots and I mean lots of traffic in and around OSJ, Isla Verde, and Condado. If you are looking to explore the island best is to rent a car. Car rental prices increased since my last trip in February (doubled!). I traveled to PR Aguadilla in February and the BQN airport was closed. I drove 2 1/2 hours to Crash Boat it was exhausted. I drove three round trips in total from Aguadilla to Condado/OSJ. May I am return to Condado/OSJ renting a car for a week to explore mid island. I'm also renting a bike to ride around Condado/OSJ. have fun on trip!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
2. Re: Public transportation in PR
Save

Taxi are Uber are the ways to go in the San Juan area. There's also a bus, but takes forever, and has no set schedule.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
775 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Public transportation in PR
Save

We saw a lot of bus stops in Condado and OSJ but never actually saw a bus. I agree that Uber and taxis are your only real options aside from car rental.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
236 reviews
118 helpful votes
4. Re: Public transportation in PR
Save

Thanks for all of the replies.

I looked into car rentals, and they are very expensive. So we may rent a car for a day or two. And take Uber to get around.

I am accustomed to traffic. I live in Los Angeles. Need I say more?

Reply to: Public transportation in PR
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.