We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current situation in Vieques

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
15 posts
73 reviews
36 helpful votes
Current situation in Vieques
Save

We are planning a trip to Vieques on May 16-18th. Is the island open to tourists and does it cause any issues to find a place to eat, take tours etc? I know it may sound stupid but so many things are upside down because of COVID that I feel a need to ask before relying on common sense...

So the ferry to the island requires you to have a negative test result to ride it, but do flights also require?

Is it even worth going there now with all the hassle of testing and rental car shortage?

Any other tips from travelers who were just there would be highly appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
196 reviews
368 helpful votes
1. Re: Current situation in Vieques
Save

Here now. Definitely get a car or Jeep etc and plan on beach days and exploring. In Esperanaza a few restaurants are open but the curfew is moved to 9 pm now. No nightlife right now if that matters to you. We are loving the day scene and tired out by night so not a big deal breaker for us. Only a handful of restaurants open tho....No beach clubs/bars open unless they serve food

Barrington, Rhode...
Level Contributor
501 posts
14 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Current situation in Vieques
Save

I'm here now as well. We tend to eat later and don't like a schedule, so the curfew is a bummer. So far we've done late lunches in Esperanza, we made reservations for 3 nights at coqui fire they are busy although things seem quite here.

Reply to: Current situation in Vieques
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.