We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Yunque reservations

V H
Houston, Texas
2 posts
El Yunque reservations
Save

We are traveling to Rio Grande next week for 2 nights and want to visit El Yunque, but the advance reservation tickets were already gone when we planned our trip. I understand a number of tickets are withheld and released 24 hours prior for last-minute travelers, but I've been checking the Recreation.gov website to see how fast they go and they always disappear immediately, making me wonder if there's some sort of robo-reservation thing happening. Anyone have advice for obtaining last-minute tickets to the Road 191 corridor? Or otherwise visiting El Yunque outside the 191? We'd rather not go as part of a tour, but would consider it if that's the only option. Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
boston
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: El Yunque reservations
Save

You can search this topic here for a few more recent experiences, but I believe someone just posted about getting up in the morning and refreshing the page starting at 8 am for day-of tickets.

V H
Houston, Texas
2 posts
2. Re: El Yunque reservations
Save

Thanks. That's what I've been doing every day just to test how fast they go, and every single time they are all gone, so wondering if other people are having the same experience.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
3. Re: El Yunque reservations
Save

There are plenty of points to access in the forest that do not require a reservation ... Angelito Trail. Puneto Roto. El Toro trail (to the highest point in the forest). The rivers/waterfalls on Road 186 in Rio Grande. Rio Sabana recreation area on the south side of El Yunque. Las Paylas. Rio Mameyes. Enough for days of activities.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
125 reviews
64 helpful votes
4. Re: El Yunque reservations
Save

Go to the reservation.gov website to the reservation page for El Yunque. You will see dates with the notation "Not Yet Released." Every day at noon they release some tickets for the next day. Make sure you are registered for the site and are ready to go. I got tickets earlier this week for the next day when 20 tickets were released exactly at noon. They were gone in 15-20 minutes.

Reply to: El Yunque reservations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.