We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Rental Car situation

Stockbridge...
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
8 helpful votes
Current Rental Car situation
Save

Hi, I reserved a car thru Costco Travel. I have heard that rental cars are in a shortage situation all over the US and vacation destinations. Has anyone recently had a reservation in San Juan and when they arrived there was no rental car available? I just checked several sites as a backup and everything is listing SOLD OUT. I'm concerned because our flight gets in at 11pm so don't want to be left stranded.

1 reply
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,313 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
1. Re: Current Rental Car situation
Save

You won't be stranded. There are taxis available 24/7, and if you stay in San Juan you won't need a rental anyway.

Because other destinations are still closed, or have stricter restrictions, PR is receiving more tourists than normal. This has an impact on the car rental availability.

I was there last month, and had no issues renting a car. This may or may not be the case for you, but in the worst case scenario, taxis are available.

Reply to: Current Rental Car situation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.