We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach

L B
Uniondale, New York
2 posts
HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Save

Hello! Nurse traveling for a much needed vacation 1st week of May and looking for a nice beach front hotel with a nice pool. We plan to sight see on a couple days (renting a car) and just relax on the others at the hotel and beach. Seeing a lot of mixed reviews especially during these Covid times. Please..any recommendations are welcomed, $200 / night price range. Thanks and be well<3

8 replies to this topic
boston
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Save

I’m afraid you won’t find anything for $200 a night. Even Embassy Suites (not on the beach) isn’t that cheap. You could look for an air bnb. It’s pretty busy right now and prices seem to have rebounded accordingly.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Save

Hi LB, Thanks for your efforts during the pandemic. The least expensive beachfront is the Beach and Water Club. It has a small rooftop pool, but a great spot on the beach. I stayed there and I enjoyed it very much. Trip Adviser has some member deals which can make Beachfronts like the El san Juan and the Royal Sonesta more affordable. IMO, the El San Juan is a perfect spot for you. One other option is La Playa Hotel. No pool, but just at the end of the beach.

New York
Level Contributor
951 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Save

I suggest an airbnb or vrbo but Beach Club as mentioned is great a friend stayed there and loved it. A beach front condo in Condado or Ocean Park might be another option

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
258 posts
5 reviews
16 helpful votes
4. Re: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Save

San juan water and beach club. Small rooftop pool but great location and right across the street from the beach. I paid $530 for 3 nights.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,314 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
5. Re: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Save

I agree that you won’t find anything on the beach for $200 a night because when adding resort fee, any other applicable fees, and taxes, the total price goes up significantly.

Last month I chose to rent a condo at one of the Marbella del Caribe buildings. The condo was great, the building is right on the beach, walking distance to restaurants and shops, and the balcony had ocean views. It was $900 for 3 nights, for a 2-bedroom condo. 1-bedroom condos are less, so they would probably be in your price range.

L B
Uniondale, New York
2 posts
6. Re: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Save

Thank you everyone! I ended up booking a King, ocean view at Royal Sonesta.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Save

Great! Enjoy your R&R.

8. Re: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: April 14, 2021, 2:31 am

Reply to: HELP! Isla Verde Hotel on the beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.