We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Puerto Rico now.

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
48 posts
In Puerto Rico now.
Save

Tonight is our 3rd night. Staying in Isabela. Traveled down to the Cabo Rojo lighthouse and all along the west side. Heading to Luquillo tomorrow. Feel free to ask me any questions. My question is El Yunque Rainforest. We made reservations for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, Monday and Tuesday we selected morning and night. Can we go at anytime between those two reservations? Or do we need to be there right at 8, leave at 11 and come back at noon? Or can we just stay and leave when the park opens?

12 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
579 posts
88 reviews
68 helpful votes
1. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

Hello, unfortunately I don't have definitive information for you since I am in a trip planning phase myself and have never been to Puerto Rico. From what I have read those El Yunque time windows refer to entry times only and no one will be kicking you out, other than maybe when the park closes. I also have a question for you, based on your observations so far: do you need to mask for outdoors? I figure you might need to mask in the heart of San Juan, but what about places like the hiking trails?

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
48 posts
2. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

So far we have not seen a lot of mask wearing but we are on the west side of the island. We take them everywhere we go but no one is wearing them on the beaches. We also hiked into cascada Gozolandi. We were pretty much the only ones wearing masks. It was packed. I’m not sure about the San Juan area. I’ll know more today and can get back to you. We plan to walk around old San Juan today and explore.

Alexandria, Virginia
10 posts
3. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

The tickets for entry to the rainforest are just that: tickets for entry. Once in, you can stay as long as you like.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
579 posts
88 reviews
68 helpful votes
4. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

Thanks, I appreciate your insights!

Boston...
Level Contributor
46,306 posts
1,222 reviews
308 helpful votes
5. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

I read here it closes at 5PM, so you can’t really stay as long as you’d like

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
48 posts
6. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

We stoped at the tunnel de guajataca. Masks were worn by everyone.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
579 posts
88 reviews
68 helpful votes
7. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

Thanks for the update! Hope you're having a good time. :)

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
48 posts
8. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

Masks worn at El Morro. No masks on Luquillo beach but were worn most at the kiosks. No masks worn at the Las Pailas water slide. Fun place to check out.

Alexandria, Virginia
10 posts
9. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

Let me correct what I wrote: If you have a "morning" reservation, you can stay until closing time (i.e., if your "arrival time" says 8-11 you don't have to leave at 11:00). But you can't stay longer than the park is open, obviously. Hope you have a great trip!

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
48 posts
10. Re: In Puerto Rico now.
Save

Thank you! Heading there in just a bit.

Reply to: In Puerto Rico now.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.