We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for private airport transfer?

Merchantville, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
Recommendation for private airport transfer?
Save

Hello all,

We are traveling to SJU on Thursday. My adult daughter is traveling separately and arrives late at night. We want to arrange a private transport for her. Does anyone have recommendations on a reputable company? TIA

3 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
46,338 posts
1,226 reviews
307 helpful votes
1. Re: Recommendation for private airport transfer?
Save

Would a taxi not work?

Merchantville, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Recommendation for private airport transfer?
Save

I’d prefer to set something up in advance and know the company name and driver since she will arrive after midnight

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,306 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
3. Re: Recommendation for private airport transfer?
Save

@Krissy M: I don't know of any private drivers. In PR, because taxi and Ubers are safe, there's really no demand for private drivers. So it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. And if you do find one, you have to pray that they'll be willing to pick up that late (highly unlikely).

She'll be fine in a taxi. I'm a woman, and I've used them in PR more times than I can count, since I was 25. It's perfectly safe.

Edited: March 29, 2021, 11:28 pm
Reply to: Recommendation for private airport transfer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.