We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid test timing

Kaysville, Utah
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
Covid test timing
Save

Our flight gets in to Puerto Rico at 8 on Wednesday. The latest test we could get tomorrow is at 5 so we will be a few hours over 72 when we land. How strict are they on the exact timing? Should we wait to get tested on Monday and hope we get our results back in time?

6 replies to this topic
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
75 reviews
105 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid test timing
Save

I've read many comments saying that they don't necessarily hone in on the exact timing of the test but, rather, the date that you test. If you test at 5 p.m. on Sunday for your arrival time on Wednesday, you should be fine (from what I've read - no personal knowledge.)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
76 posts
111 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid test timing
Save

You should not have any problem. The day you got the test seems to be the determining factor when leaving the airport.

1 post
1 review
3. Re: Covid test timing
Save

Did you travel already? If so, was your test timing a problem? I am also concerned about the timing!

2 posts
4. Re: Covid test timing
Save

We are scheduled to fly in on a Friday, so we are thinking testing should be done late on a tuesday? Ugh, can't believe they require 72 hours. Most places have changed to 5 days.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Covid test timing
Save

3 DAYS is accepted. So one could test any time on Tuesday for a Friday arrival. Or test on Sunday for a Wednesday arrival.

Kaysville, Utah
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: Covid test timing
Save

We arrived on Wednesday. The test timing was not an issue. Thanks for you advice everyone!!

Reply to: Covid test timing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.