We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Rico or St. Thomas for 5 day trip

Mountville...
5 posts
Puerto Rico or St. Thomas for 5 day trip
Save

My husband and I are able to take a 5 day trip at the end of May. We are between Puerto Rico or St thomas (We are between these two places because of current travel restrictions for our jobs). We are mostly looking for a nice, relaxing beach and yummy food. We are late 20's. Any recommendations? Also interested in hotel/airbnb and beach recommendations

3 replies to this topic
New York
Level Contributor
960 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Puerto Rico or St. Thomas for 5 day trip
Save

I'm from Puerto Rico but been to both St Thomas might be quieter San Juan is busy right now but I'd choose SJ

Saint Clair...
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Puerto Rico or St. Thomas for 5 day trip
Save

good beach airbnb can be found at isla verde close to airport can uber everywhere from this location

Edited: March 20, 2021, 2:11 am
Marshfield...
Level Contributor
8,209 posts
282 reviews
89 helpful votes
3. Re: Puerto Rico or St. Thomas for 5 day trip
Save

I've been to both, most recently St. Thomas. Hands down I'd choose Puerto Rico. There's beautiful beaches in both locations but PR has the added cultural aspect and awesome food. I'd recommend a vrbo on isla verde beach as well. The first time we went to PR we stayed at teh Embassy Suites right by the airport. The second time we rented a vrbo. Both have their pros and cons. But, I like vrbo better.

Reply to: Puerto Rico or St. Thomas for 5 day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.