We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boqueron or Rincon?

LS
New York City, New...
13 posts
Boqueron or Rincon?
Save

I'm going to be in Fajardo until mid-April, but after that I'd like to head west for another month. I work remotely during the day, flexible hours, and especially like to be able to walk, or a very short <10 min drive, to a beach on weekdays so that I can pop out for 2 or 3 hours on days when I don't have any mid-day meetings, and do farther away beaches or hiking on weekends. I'm a solo mid-30s female traveler. I'm already vaccinated but still keeping distance, so I'm not looking for a party scene or nightlife (and I'm rarely awake past 10), just some relaxation, sun, and local food. I speak enough Spanish to communicate with patient people, and I'm actively working on it, so it doesn't matter if there are fewer English speakers around anywhere.

I'm having trouble deciding between the Boqueron and Rincon areas. Is the water at the beaches in Rincon too rough for weak swimmers to even wade in? I can swim but I'm not good at it, and that's ...not going to improve. Is Boqueron more of a nightlife or touristy town? Where do you think the better beaches are between the two for someone like me? Any differences in relative safety? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or tips.

Edited: March 19, 2021, 9:34 pm
1 reply
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
11,316 posts
49 reviews
61 helpful votes
1. Re: Boqueron or Rincon?
Save

Th better beaches are definitely in Cabo Rojo. Rincon is a surf town, so I'm not sure it has many swimmable beaches.

El Poblado in Boqueron is where nightlife is. Very casual and low key; it's a bar hopping type of scene with live music.

Edited: March 19, 2021, 11:47 pm
Reply to: Boqueron or Rincon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.