We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Blue Hole

3 posts
Save Topic
The Blue Hole

Is the blue hole dangerous for contracting bacteria? Really want to experience it with my teens, but a little nervous after reading reviews.

6 replies to this topic
Hartford...
Level Contributor
168 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Blue Hole

It’s a river... so no different than Dunn’s or any other. Not having read the reviews I don’t know what people are claiming.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
364 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Blue Hole

Been 5 times to blue hole in Ochi coolest best swimming there is there are many rivers to swim in around the island and in my opinion better than dunns river too many people there lol... go enjoy a dip jump rope swing into the blue hole cheers

Grand Rapids...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Blue Hole

We just got back from our trip to Jamaica last night and our decision to go to The Blue Hole was the favorite amongst my 4 teen boys (14-16). We have had no issues as of yet and we were there on Wednesday.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Blue Hole

I'm not sure that an illness can be directly blamed by the Blue Hole (unless the water has been tested and confirmed). There are lots of other ways for people to contact a virus. It wouldn't be wise to swallow the water lol, but I've been several times and have been fine. I do suffer regularly from ear infections but have never picked up anything from here.

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Blue Hole

Thanks so much everyone!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
384 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Blue Hole

The Blue Hole water is tested twice every two weeks. Normally if it rains heavily a day or two before, the water will get brown and wouldn't advise to swim or jump in.

Reply to: The Blue Hole
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios