We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lethe Mountain Valley Rafting

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Lethe Mountain Valley Rafting

I thought I'd post this on the forum as there wasn't enough location information for me to get it added as a review. The Martha Brae rafting tour has a review spot so I thought it only fair this one should be on as well : )

LETHE MOUNTAIN VALLEY RAFTING

20 minutes west of Montego Bay, North Coast Highway

876-956-4920/3/4/5/6

Hours: 9 am-5 pm daily

Admission charged

"This is the epitome of relaxation. Climb aboard a bamboo raft and take a one-hour float down the tranquil Great River. The ride is quiet and hassle-free (no vendors here, in contrast to the Rio Grande rafting excursion) and you're welcome to take a dip in the river if you like. The ride isn't cheap, but it is very relaxing."

We found this to be a stand out in our 10day trip:

From the moment our group of 6 arrived and paid the $50 US fee per raft (2 person raft) and launched off down the river in what felt like our own private tour as we were the only rafts on the river, we started to relax and settle into the experience.

Our guides would occasionally pull over to pick us fresh sugar cane, coconuts, and oranges, plus we all received limestone foot scrubs followed by a leaf wash, and bouquets of fresh tropical flowers for us girls.

At one point one of the guys commented that he wanted to do the Tarzan swing off some vines hanging from the trees down into the water. So we all pulled over and watched as he climbed up to the riverbank, grabbed a handful of vine, and swung off over the river complete with Tarzan yell and big splash at the end. Too funny!!! The entire trip lasted about 1-1/2 hours and and set the tone for the rest of our time in Jamaica.

Highly recommend not missing out on this one!

south coast
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lethe Mountain Valley Rafting

this trip sound so good, we will be going to negril in march do you

no if we can do this trip from there. many thanks. bill

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lethe Mountain Valley Rafting

If you're staying at a resort you might want to see if they have a tour offered for the Mountain Valley Rafting in Lethe. Otherwise maybe arrange for a private driver for the day. We went by private driver. Cab might be a lot if you just grab one without arranging something prior.

3. Re: Lethe Mountain Valley Rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 21, 2011, 12:55 pm