We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana airport

The Hague, The...
2 posts
1 review
Getting to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana airport
Save

We are landing upcoming Thursday to Punta Cana International Airport at 5PM.

By this time unfortunatly the Expreso Bavaro doesn't goes to Santo Damingo anymore.

I read about the posibility to go to SD through the (express) bus terminal in Higuey.

How do we manage this from the airport?? And how long does the ride take?

I looked into the 'private' transfers and found these very expensive to be honest.

Thank you!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
1. Re: Getting to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana airport
Save

you could grab a cabby at the airport to be brought to the regular bus station in Veron, that's just a 10 minutes ride(i don't know at what time the last bus leaves from there to Higuey). in higuey they drop you off at the terminal for the Busses to Santo Domingo, they are running til late and around every 20-30 minutes of departures.

if you are not familiar with public travel on the Island, it depends how adventurous and flexibel of a person you are and if you speak some spoanish to come around, if not then i would not recommend this variation on a late arrival, as it will be dark before you even arrive at the terminal in Higuey, it will be since long full dark when you arrive in Santo Domingo, a large Mayor City, once there you need to know exactly where to go and how within the capital city at night.

hnestly, i would recommend you to prearrange a private transfer or take a cabby at the airport.

happy travels

Mike

2. Re: Getting to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana airport

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: February 13, 2015, 2:20 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.