We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Royal Beach versus Breathless

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
53 posts
Secrets Royal Beach versus Breathless
Save

We are group of three couples in the 30-40 age range. My husband and I have been to Couples Swept Away in Negril and Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico. We loved both for different reasons. We have decided to take a group trip. One couple has never been out of the country and has some general concerns about Mexico (although we have reassured them that it is safe). The other couple is a member of time share community and would prefer to use a resort underneath that umbrella. Secrets is one of the brands underneath the umbrella.

We are easy to please and want to make everyone happy since this is a lot of money. Our only request is for an adults only resort. What would be your recommendation for us? We like activities, nightlife, decent food, pool and beach. What is main difference between SRB and Breathless?

The other resort we are looking at is Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay. Please let me know if you know anything about that one (as compared to SRB and Breathless)!

Thank you!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Secrets Royal Beach versus Breathless
Save

Been to Secrets in Montego Bay and it was amazing! Food,service, rooms, everything! The ONLY thing...and it may be a big thing, is the beach. It's a man made cove and doesnt even begin to compare with Punta Cana beaches. THAT, IMO, may be a deal breaker for some. If the group likes to walk the beach, then go to Punta Cana.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Secrets Royal Beach versus Breathless
Save

People can correct me as I haven't been to either (since I have to go to the family versions).

From what I have seen Breathless is in their new line of resorts trying to be active and higher energy. Breathless is going to have more activities going on and they set it up for couples to interact - such as having large family style tables at dinner so you meet other people to. So it sounds to me more about staying active and meeting other people and having fun.

I think Secrets is more toward couples wanting more relaxation and more romantic together time. Although I'm sure the pool can get active in the daytime. And the Now! resort it is connected to is really the family resort version of Breathless (so it is an upbeat resort).

Secrets sounds to me very quiet in the evening with you having to go over to Now! family resort to see shows and see more action in the evening. With Breathless seems they have plenty of bars and restaurants to keep you busy at night without having to go off resort (as you can go the the Dreams family resort up the street when at Breathless).

I would personally if going with my wife most likely pick Breathless - as seems to have more restaurants and bars. It is larger without being to large (secrets is small). More going on but I'm sure can find a quiet spot if you want one. And Breathless is new . . . although Now! connected to Secrets is new.

Also you said you are going with a few couples. Breathless probably lends itself to more of groups since it encourages interaction. If you have another couple with you, your most likely not looking for couples alone time. So Breathless probably the one!

Also - if trading RCI or some timeshare company I would think they are all on the list. Breathless and Secrets (as well as Now / Dreams family versions of same thing) are all run by the same management company (AmResorts).

Edited: 7 years ago
3. Re: Secrets Royal Beach versus Breathless

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: January 22, 2015, 2:19 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.