We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Hyatt Ziva

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
25 helpful votes
Alternative to Hyatt Ziva
Save

I need some help. I was planning to go to Hyatt Ziva but the price drastically gone up and we are also taking our mother in law with us so need to reduce our the budget. What other family resort would you recommend? What I like at HZ is smaller size, great service, food and lovely beach. We are going in December, 3 adults and 1 year old baby. My friend recommended Riu Punta Cana but I found out there is over 600 rooms. Is it really crowded there?

Many thanks for your help.

3 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,591 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
1. Re: Alternative to Hyatt Ziva
Save

I would say that RIU is a step or 2 below Ziva IMO. One option would be Dreams Onyx which is also a modern family resort with a nice beach and fun wading pool for young kids right on the beach. Good food and additional access to Breathless next door for adults.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
28 reviews
31 helpful votes
2. Re: Alternative to Hyatt Ziva
Save

Hyatt was my first choice but the prices really have gone up over the last couple of months - my next choice was Hilton La Romana - prices are on the rise for this resort as well but still way less than Hyatt (from Canada anyways). We ended up booking Dreams Onyx as suggested but for me I feel like we are compromising on the beach a bit - I don’t think you can compete with the Caribbean beaches though! It was considerably more affordable than the Hilton and Hyatt.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
647 posts
14 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Alternative to Hyatt Ziva
Save

Dreams Royal Beach could be another suggestion. It looks beautiful! There is a great Facebook page for this resort with lots of good information and pictures!

Reply to: Alternative to Hyatt Ziva
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.