We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIK Arena Blanca

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
58 helpful votes
VIK Arena Blanca
Save

Looking to book this resort, never been to Punta Cana. What is the resort like and the beach?

9 replies to this topic
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
819 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

Lots of info on this page including reviews when you scroll down

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g147293-d279809-Reviews-VIK_hotel_ARENA_BLANCA-Punta_Cana_La_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

The beach in front of the Vik and Ocean blue is eroded away. There are steps to get down to the water.

We were last on that beach spring of 2019 and its been that way for a few years now.

If you go south or north the resorts have flat beaches.

The Iberostars beach north of the VIK is fine and the Princess resorts (south) have nice beaches.

Hope this helps.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
58 helpful votes
3. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

Thank you Tim F. Exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I read reviews but there is not really any mention of this but a friend had mentioned it to me so I wondered if it was still the same.

Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

They actually added sand bags and artificial reefs (very large sandbags) to slow down the erosion.

Just past the Ocean Blue there are some beach huts (shops). When we first went there in 2005, you could walk along the waters edge and be 50 feet from the vendors. The water now crashes against the huts.....

Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
770 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
5. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

I just returned from PC yesterday and just wanted to offer what I saw as I walked past VIK and Ocean Blue.

VIK beach is not eroded and is pretty flat and does not have the large bags in front. The beach at OB has the bags and you walk down from resort to beach, but beach is much better as in flatter and larger that it was 2 years ago when we were there. There are no longer any vendor huts next to OB as they were all removed within the last year. Now just a big empty lot. I did take some pics of this but am challenged on how to post here....lol

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

@ bobroswill , I know I'm little out of the topic, but since you just came back from PC, can you tell me what is the situation with seaweed, is it possible to swim in the ocean?

Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
770 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
7. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

Marakana-we were there for 10 days at TRS Turquesa. For first 3 days it was difficult to swim off beach and water was discolored . It was a brackish color . Got better over the last week of stay and we swam in ocean every day . So it was certainly ever changing. We did even on worst day swim a bit as when you get away from shore you could pick your spots.

Edited: June 25, 2021, 9:00 pm
Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
19 helpful votes
8. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

bobroswill - Thanks a lot!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
58 helpful votes
9. Re: VIK Arena Blanca
Save

Thank you so much for the information.

Reply to: VIK Arena Blanca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.