We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana

Columbus
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

Happy to answer any questions.

Preference to stay off Covid debate if possible

23 replies to this topic
Atoka, Tennessee
Level Contributor
40 posts
41 reviews
35 helpful votes
1. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

Have you found anywhere walking distance along the beach that is good for snorkeling? I’m right next to you at Hyatt Zilara. Really low visibility. That being said, I had a sting ray hanging out with me for like an hour yesterday when walking along the shore.

Columbus
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

We have not. The water has been murky all along our coast unfortunately. If you walked over to the sanctuary beach, the nets seem a bit better but I think in general the water is just a bit rough for snorkeling. The beach here is much smaller so it’s likely not worth your while unless you just wanted to check out the hotel!

Edited: May 20, 2021, 11:07 am
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
71,658 posts
72 reviews
1,922 helpful votes
3. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

How is occupancy at the moment and how many of the restaurants are open in the evening?

Columbus
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
4. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

I believe all restaurants are open with the exception of the Pub (disco). They said when I checked in they were at 50% capacity. I would say that’s about right. Also it took us an hour from exiting the airplane to get to the hotel.

Columbus
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

Today is much busier than a few days ago I should add

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,453 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
6. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

Hi there. Is Little John still open next to Sanctuary?

Columbus
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

We walked by yesterday and it appeared to be open. The bar area was def open. There were few if any customers though. Some workers appeared to be chatting off to the side.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
71,658 posts
72 reviews
1,922 helpful votes
8. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

Thanks for the info

What room / villa type are you staying in and what do you think of it?

How is the food you have had so far?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,453 posts
21 reviews
185 helpful votes
9. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

Thanks. Nice to see it has survived so far. Hopefully as things are picking including building more resorts in the area, it may stay. Enjoyed having a cold drink there.

Columbus
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
10. Re: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Save

I’m in a luxury jr suite. It’s in a large building. I tried to move rooms but to no avail. They insisted there was no availability. I believe the regular jr suite building is renovating so everyone is given a complimentary upgrade from those suites. Before we arrived we were offered the king and queen villa and also a castle 1 bedroom suite. I noticed the monarch villas were avail online until my arrival and knowing they were between 30-50% capacity, we wanted to see them in person. Yet, on our arrival nothing was available. Even suites that showed online for our dates they said weren’t available. I spoke to several different people. They suddenly found us the monarch villa on day two but it was a garden view. It was pretty disappointing.

I will say- as far as hotel rooms go, the finishes were lovely. We had a ground floor unit which I liked albeit views would have been better higher up, faster to beach and pool. I would prob stay away from castle swim outs. Lots of construction next door. And all the ground floor castle suites. The seagrass is bad. Opt for 2nd floor in castle section IMO

Reply to: Live at Sanctuary Cap Cana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Cana
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.